The electrical safety audit broadly classified and grouped into three categories:
- Safety related to humans-Human safety audit
- Safety of equipment-Equipment safety audit
- Statutory requirement-Statutory audit
The main objective of ESA is to identifying potential electrical hazards,flaws in design system, maintenance system, etc. top reventor minimize loss of life and property. Following are the key objectives of ESA
- Review of connected load vis-à-vis sanctioned load/contract demand.
- Review of the complete electrical distribution system.
- Review of electricity bills for the penalties imposed by the power supply agency for exceeding contract demand, delayed payment charges and non-maintenance of power factor.
- Review of quality of electrical safety and protective systems like Main switches, MCCBs,MCBs,ELCBs/RCBs,Isolatorsetc.
- Review of insulation resistanceof cables,wires etc.
- Review of earthing system.
- Review of qualityof electrical wiring practices,switch gears used.
- Review of UPS/Battery,hub/servers for safety and proper location.
- Review of energy consumption vis-à-vis connectedload.
- Review of lighting arrangement.